Thursday, July 19, 2012

But what about all that other spending?

What the #%&$ are you doing with the rest of our money?

My point is that the president’s Roanoke speech was somewhat disingenuous. He argued that businessmen are not paying their fair share to cover government services that benefit them, such as education and roads. But the rich pay more than enough to cover these things – they’re not that big a part of the federal budget. The revenue problem is due to the many other things the government does which neither benefit business nor are proper functions of government. I realize my data set is incomplete – it does not break out all government spending that benefits business – but I think it’s sufficient to illustrate my point.

Check out my new novel, Full Asylum, at www.FullAsylum.com


Data Sources: 2011 data. Office of Management and Budget Historical Table 4.1-Outlays by Agency 1962-2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment